Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Samantha's valise

  1. #1
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I ordered the valise and it came with the brochure for Samantha's winter outfit with the plaid cape. I forgot that it was first a part of that set before it was also a part of her travel set. That would explain why it won't be bundled up with the travel duster & parasol.

    Also, it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I think I've had purses the same size. You could definitely put an outfit or two in it.

    -Michele

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow that is really different than I would have thought. I would have thought it would be really tiny. But I guess it is worth the $14. I did not order it. But maybe I will throw it in with another order. I still need to order the hat, muffs, skates. I guess the Valise as well.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can measure it to let you know the exact size. I just expected it to be about 1/2 as big as it was. And it's really cute, too. I'm always amazed at the detail they put into the accessories.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member southern_belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was also pleasantly surprised when I first got Samantha's valise. It is actually suitcase sized on her scale. Very good quality as well.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not as big as it looks. I was disapointed. Samantha took it to Chicago with her and carried her nightgown in it along with her high button shoes and Molly's slip and socks. I had to really squish the nightgown to fit everything.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On another thread, somone asked whether we thought the plaid cape and related accessories, hat and m u f f, etc would be retired. When I looked at the Sam things, a couple of days ago, they had the cape-etc in the front window. That set is also featured prominently on the new cover of the Changes for Samantha. So I would tend to hope that it will not be retired. But I'm still going to get it sooner rather than later, just in case.
    Joy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •